The 5th Annual Disability Connect Forum
Thursday, September 12, 2019
|8:30AM - 9:00AM, PST||Registration / Breakfast|
|9:00AM - 5:15PM, PST||Conference|
The Center for Connected Medicine
600 Grant Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
T: +1 (412) 605.3091
U.S. Steel Tower History:
U.S. Steel Tower, also known as the Steel Building (formerly USX Tower), is the tallest skyscraper in Pittsburgh, the fourth tallest building in Pennsylvania, and the 37th tallest in the United States. Completed in 1970, the tower has 64 floors to 841 ft (256 m) and has 2,300,000 sq ft (210,000 m2) of leasable space. Its original name was the U.S. Steel Building for many years before it was changed to USX Tower in 1988. The name was finally changed back to the U.S. Steel Tower in January 2002 to reflect U.S. Steel's new corporate identity (USX was the 1990s combined oil/energy/steel conglomerate). Although no longer the owner of the building, U.S. Steel is one of the largest tenants, occupying more than a 500,000 sq ft (46,000 m2) of office space. The building is located at 600 Grant Street, ZIP code 15219.
In the planning stages, U. S. Steel executives considered making the building the World's tallest, but settled on 840 ft (260 m) and the distinction of being the tallest building outside New York City and Chicago. However, it eventually lost even that distinction to newer buildings erected across the United States. Prior to 1970, the tallest building in Pittsburgh, at 44 stories, was the Gulf Building. Now an office complex known as Gulf Tower, it was the original headquarters of the Gulf Oil Corporation.
BUILDING / REGISTRATION: CENTER FOR CONNECTED MEDICINE (CCM)
- A registration table will be located in the main lobby as most guests will be unfamiliar with the building.
- Arrive at USX and proceed up the escalator (or approach the desk and request elevator to) the 2nd level lobby.
- All guests should be prepared with current, valid Photo ID.
- Proceed toward the Guest Services/Security desk turnstiles (to the left of the desk) and enter toward the registration table located behind the glass turnstile.
- Staff and greeter(s) from Springboard/UPMC’s CFEI Team will provide check-in and escort toward the 60th floor elevator bays.
- Once on the 60th floor, Center for Connected Medicine is located behind the glass panel doors.
For departure, any time:
- Proceed into the elevator area and press “1” on any keypad, then to the designated letter elevator.
- These elevators may stop at floors below us (59-55); however, will descend otherwise directly back to the 2nd level lobby area.
- Proceed toward the exit (turnstiles will open upon approach), and down to the main lobby for exit onto Grant Street.
- If you require elevator assistance, speak with the security guard in hallway or at the desk and they will offer elevator service to the main lobby/building exit.
- For re-entry, guests must present valid ID at the security/guest services desk for temporary voucher to scan through the turnstiles. *If a guest is not on the registry, no access will be granted*
If you have any questions regarding this conference, please contact:
- Ivette Lopez at email@example.com